Saturday, June 18, 2016

Climbing Out of the Debris Field of Hate


It's not been an ordinary week. 
On 9/11, and the weeks that followed, most cared little about what political party a person favored...
America became ONE AMERICA.
One color. One family. One heart. 
We wanted to gather everyone we loved or cared for into a safe place - and never let them go. 
We became better friends, neighbors, parents, employees and citizens. Americans cared about things previously taken for granted as we healed from the internal bruising caused by a giant kick in the gut. 
I prayed I would never feel that way again. 
Then this past week happened ... in my proverbial back yard. 
The senseless murder of an aspiring young singer. 
An incomprehensible slaughter of people in a nightclub. 
A toddler ripped from his parent's hands by a reptile native to our region. 
My gut hurts and I am finding myself broken down again. 
That hard shell I formed around myself - so nothing would shock me anymore - has been completely shattered.
I've cried like a lost child. I'm feeling like a lost soul. 
I can comprehend loss, accident and tragedy; not easily but eventually. 
I can't, however, comprehend violence and hate. 
I'm simply unable to wrap my head around it. 
I'm powering through raw emotions and sucking in screams that want to pass my lips. I'm trying to achieve a semblance of peace and calm through my faith while silently pleading with God to fix this super virus called hate. 
I'm praying for safety of America's law enforcement, first responders, military and teachers...and all of you...
I'm praying that I never get a hard shell which shields me from all things evil again; to which my own continued goal of goodness, as well as everyone else's, can conquer and defeat.

xoxox












Sent from my iPhone

No comments: