Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A DAY IN TRAILERDISE

Hello there,

It's going to be another hot one so I'm hanging inside doing things around the house. The house without the wheels.

For the record and to avoid confusion in my blogs, I'll refer to two houses - the house we live in most of the time - and the RV 5th wheel trailer.

If you own a trailer, no matter how modest, it's a house on wheels.

RV, motorcoach, class A, class C, 20 ft., 40 ft....it doesn't matter....it's a trailer and it doesn't mean you're trash.
Some of my RV friends object when I call it a trailer because technically speaking, it is a Fifth Wheel with 1 slide-out.  At least that's the type of trailer we have now.....

But let me explain how this real working/housewife - born in the Bronx and raised in New Jersey 
 - came to be  The Real Trailer Housewife.

Here's the story...
 
We have had a trailer since the Spring of 2005.  Having 3 back to back hurricanes in 2004,  my husband and I decided we needed a plan in case we ever had to leave our house. Being dog owners and not wanting to impose on anyone in the event of  a major storm, we decided a trailer was the way to go...

Really, if you went through what we have, living on a barrier island on Florida's east coast, and you watch TV after a huge hurricane (who picks those people to talk on tv????), you pretty much get it that you MUST have a plan...

So we started perusing the papers and the internet, as well as many issues of RV Trader and we bought our first trailer!!!

It was a Class C vision of mauve and aqua with a tiny little toilet/shower (yes, it was all in the same space).

Supposedly it slept 8-10 but no one in their right mind would do that! It was a gem. The manufacturer named it 'Seven Seas' but by the time we finished our first trip I dubbed it the 'Seven Sleaze'...that should tell you something of our first mis-adventure...

Gosh, time sure flies on this computer and my back tells me if I sit too long, so you're going to have to hear the rest of the story another day.

I'm going to sign off now but I hope you are all having a travelling good time...wherever you are calling home today.

Safe travels to you.

No comments: