Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I WISH I HAD WRITTEN THAT

I'm going to share a writing that I found wandering around a camp store in Maine.

It always amazes me at the things these little stores keep in their stock...some are better than others but for the most part, if you're RVing, sometimes the closest thing you'll find to a mall is the campground's store.

You will find the darndest things that are local to the area which is always fun. Lord knows every trailer needs a set of hand carved salt and pepper shakers that look like little Adirondack chairs.

Now I have to say,  I'm not known for my shopping skills, but just getting a bit of distance between me and the husband after a long day on the road can be a good thing. (Especially if it's not a pull - through site..)

We will discuss my husband's back up skills another day :).

Please note again that I did not write this but it appeared in one of those locally done recipe booklets. 

The little publication was just full of great stuff and  dedicated to a woman named Edith Morey. She was one of the original founders of this campground in Maine we found by accident. God Bless Edith wherever she is. Here it is as it appears in the booklet, with no title:


Camping is more than just getting away.
It's a clear blue sky,
the song of a bird,
the beckoning woods,
the wide open spaces.

Camping is greeting the breath of dawn
unhindered by the walls of city life
and watching the sun set in ribbons of color
as it says "good night" to a perfect day.

Camping makes hearts grow lighter
and food taste better.
It's sharing stories around a Campfire
and gazing up in silence
at a star-filled sky.

Camping is more than just getting away.
It's the thing we need to rekindle
the spirit of a simpler time,
refresh our hearts with nature's beauty
and remind us that life
doesn't need to be
quite so complicated
after all.
 
Here's to safe travels and blue skies...wherever it is you're calling home this day.

Peace


( if any of you  with a computer wishes to research the poems origin, please feel free and tell us who wrote this lovely ditty...credit should be given where credit is due. )

No comments: